An introduction to the end of KS2 statutory assessment process
This day course will cover all aspects of statutory assessment at Y6 in 2023-24, ensuring delegates:
- Have an overview of statutory responsibilities and key dates
- Know about the statutory tests for reading, mathematics, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Know about the 2023-24 requirements for teacher assessment of writing and science
- Plan ways to structure the year to ensure that pupils are prepared for the tests and evidence can be gathered for teacher assessment within a coherent, engaging curriculum.
Delegates should bring with them:
- copies of the 2023-24 statutory assessment requirements published by this date.
A second day (Wednesday 13 March 2024 – to be booked separately) will build on this introductory session and explore in more detail key teaching approaches to address gaps in children’s knowledge and understanding, and developing accuracy in teacher assessment of writing.
Course leader: Alison Bailey, Pathfinder consultant trainer
Y6 teachers new, or returning to, end of KS2 assessment
£110 per person