This day course will cover all aspects of statutory assessment at Y2 in 2022-23, including:
- An overview of statutory responsibilities and key dates
- The 2022-23 requirements for teacher assessment of reading, writing, mathematics and science;
- An introduction to the statutory tests for reading, mathematics, and grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Ways to structure the year to ensure that pupils are prepared for the tests and evidence can be gathered for teacher assessment within a coherent, engaging curriculum.
Delegates should bring with them:
- copies of the 2022-23 statutory assessment requirements published by this date.
NB. A second day (Wednesday 15 March 2023) builds on this introductory session and explores in more detail teacher assessment and key teaching approaches to address gaps in children’s knowledge and understanding. This should be booked separately.
- Gain an overview of the key elements and legal responsibilities in the statutory assessment process for the end of KS1;
- Understand the national expectations for standards at the end of KS1;
- Consider how to plan their year to ensure pupils are prepared for the tests and there will be a suitable evidence base for secure teacher assessment and moderation.
Y2 teachers new, or returning, to end of KS1 assessment
£100 (please choose to pay by invoice to avoid additional fees)