This day course will cover all aspects of statutory assessment at Y6 in 2022-23, including:
- An overview of statutory responsibilities and key dates
- An introduction to the statutory tests for reading, mathematics, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- The 2022-23 requirements for teacher assessment of writing and science
- Ways to structure the year to ensure that pupils are prepared for the tests and evidence can be gathered for teacher assessment within a coherent, engaging curriculum.
Delegates should bring with them:
- copies of the 2022-23 statutory assessment requirements published by this date.
A second day (Tuesday 21 March 2023) will build on this introductory session and explore in more detail key teaching approaches to address gaps in children’s knowledge and understanding, and developing accuracy in teacher assessment of writing.
- Gain an overview of the key elements and legal responsibilities in the statutory assessment process for the end of KS2;
- Understand the national expectations for standards at the end of KS2;
- Consider how to plan their year to ensure pupils are prepared for the tests and there will be a suitable evidence base for secure teacher assessment and moderation.
Teachers new to Y6 statutory assessment
£100 (please choose to pay by invoice to avoid additional fees)