This day course will cover all aspects of statutory assessment at Y6, including a particular focus on preparation for the statutory tests for reading, mathematics, and grammar, punctuation and spelling – preparing pupils to perform to their abilities, and staff involved in administration; asessment and moderation of teacher assessment of writing and science against the 2021-22 frameworks, and ways to structure the remainder of the year to ensure that pupils are prepared for the tests and evidence can be gathered for teacher assessment whilst maintaining a coherent, engaging curriculum.
- Understand the process and expectations for statutory assessment (tests and teacher assessment) at the end of KS2;
- Understand how to prepare children for the statutory tests;
- Identify potential weaknesses in their evidence base for teacher assessment of writing;
- Refine their understanding of expected standards in writing by taking part in standardisation and moderation of teacher assessment judgements;
- Identify key gaps in learning and next steps for pupils to address prior to tests or statutory assessment, and in the remainder of the year.
£100 (please choose to pay by invoice to avoid additional fees)