This webinar will provide you with a broad overview of the key changes to Initial Teacher Training and Education from 2024/25 and how you can plan into these accordingly. In 2022 the Department for Education published a market review of ITTE across England both at undergraduate and postgraduate level. This produced a suite of recommendations which aimed to help transform the sector and increase standards. Many of these recommendations have since been accepted and/or amended and turned into policy.
During this short webinar we will discuss these key policy updates and how this will affect you and your school community. The ITTE organisations in our region have been working hard to ensure there is a joint-up approach, leading to the healthy management of staff workload and expectations linked to the training and development of our ITTs.
- Gain an understanding of the key ITTE changes affecting schools, such as: ITT Mentor training requirements, Intensive Training and Practice (ITaP), ITT curriculum expectations (including minimum expectations for ITT teaching requirements), and funding
- Learn about our plan for a regional ITT Mentor Conference which will cover 6 out of 20 hours of training as mandated by DfE
- See how this will work for you if you are a school who typically partners with a range of different ITTE organisations
- Be able to ask questions and help shape what we do next
We recommend this webinar is attended by anyone who has a role in ITTE in their school. In particular, those working in ITTE leadership and/or coordinator roles.
As some of this information will relate to implications for timetabling and staffing, we strongly recommend curriculum leaders and/or senior leaders attend the session too.
We recognise that many of our ITTE Mentors already know much of what will be presented in this webinar, but it is important that all key stakeholders in each school gain a full insight here.
This webinar will be hosted by all of the ITTE Providers and Lead Partners in our region:
- Esk Valley Alliance
- Hope Sentamu Learning Trust
- Pathfinder Teaching School Hub
- Polaris Teaching Alliance
- Scarborough Teaching Alliance Coast and Vale Teacher Training
- University of York
- York St John University
Click here to view our one page summary of ITT Mentor Training
Click here to view our one page summary of Intensive Training and Practice