The website is a freely available one-stop shop that seeks to help teachers and members of the Religious Education / Religion, Values & Ethics / Religion & Worldviews (RE/RVE/R&W) community find resources, CPD, inspiration, visitors and where to go out on visits and events.
The website is being kept up to date by the RE Hubs team, which is made up of RE teachers and experts from across England and Wales, specialising in their local area.
The Specific Aims identified by the RE Hubs steering group are:
- To improve communication between teachers, professional development and resource providers, and research communities
- To improve connections and interactions between different parts of the RE/RVE/R&W Eco-System
- To be an information exchange to increase accessibility for all teachers to local and regional professional development and research
- To enable teachers to teach with greater confidence through their access to the support, knowledge, training and resources available in their region.
- To create a sustainable long-term model for future provision
RE Hubs seeks to build relationships with advisers, dioceses, universities, SACREs, LAs, governors, MATs, teaching school hubs and more. The steering committee, with representatives from RE organisations AREIAC, AULRE, NASACRE, NATRE, REC and TRS-UK, are dedicated to this collaborative working approach. This project is supported by a number of funders, to whom we are grateful for their investment at the start of this key infrastructure programme for all those working in and supporting RE/RVE/R&W, and facilitated by RE Today.